The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines sustainability as the ability to achieve economic prosperity, while protecting the natural systems of the planet and providing a high quality of life for its people. The EPA established three tenets of sustainability: economic, social and environmental.
What Makes Packaging Sustainable?
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition has defined criteria for sustainable packaging. It states that to meet sustainability requirements, packaging must:
· Be beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
· Meet market criteria for performance and cost
· Sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy
· Maximize the use of renewable or recycled source materials
· Be manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
· Be made from materials healthy in all probable end of life scenarios
· Be physically designed to optimize materials and energy
· Be effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial cradle to cradle cycles
Why should you use sustainable packaging?
· Reduces Packaging Costs:
· Generates Rapid ROI:
· Reduces Costly Product Damage:
· Reduces Labor Costs:
· Reduces Inventory/Space Requirements:
· Fully Recyclable:
· Improves Workplace Safety:
· Improves Workplace Efficiency:
· Prevents waste from entering solid waste stream
· Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions
· Improves Transportation Efficiency, resulting in fewer trips and reduced fuel costs:
· Supports Source Reduction:
· Requires Less Energy:
Contact one of our representatives who are standing by, ready to answer your questions and provide you with a quick quote. Or click here to use our online catalog and get started today!
Help the environment Use Sustainable Packaging!